Home » Europe » Poland » Warsaw

Botanic Garden of Warsaw University

Jul 31st, 2010 // Destination: Warsaw
The first botanic garden in Warsaw was set up in 1811 near the university in the old town. It was moved in 1818 to the so called Royal Garden where it occupied a space of 22.5 ha and was officially opened in 1825. The Garden developed very rapidly (in 1824 it already had 10,000 species) until 1834 when the Russian administration took two thirds of the area. The Garden revived in the years between...